Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have never loved.

I must admit it: I have never been even close to falling in love. At the moment, I dont even LIKE anyone. I don't even have the slightest hint of a kiddy-crush on ANYONE. I admit, there are some boys at my school that I would love to get to know better (if you know what i mean) but unfortunately they are all taken, and none of them seem to want anything to do with me.

The last time I REALLY liked someone was freshman year, or perhaps the summer after that. In fact, I think it might have trickled over to part of sophomore year as well, but only slightly. I grew up a lot sophomore year. This boy that I liked freshman year is still one of my really good friends and we hang out often. However, his girlfriend is my best friend. Don't get me wrong, I dont have the slightest bit of feelings for this boy anymore. Nevertheless, it's odd how things work out.

My freshman year, I thought I was completely in love with him. I thought I'd die if I didn't get a chance to go out with him. However, I didn't ever LOVE him. I just thought I did. Sure, he's a nice guy (most of the time...) and he's funny and a good friend, but there's just nothing special about him. And besides, when I finally admitted that I liked him, he treated me like crap about it.

Sophomore year is when my tiny little 3-month relationship began. October 26th was the date, and I thought I really liked the boy. However, now that I look back on it, I never even liked him at all. He's a nice friend, but he is not my type and he's definitely not the kind of guy I would really want to date. The truth is, we only dated because we both wanted a realtionship in general. We didn't necessarily want a relationship with each other.

The point of this post is to show you all that immature high schoolers (and middle schoolers...) may THINK they're in love, they may THINK they truly like someone, but in reality they DON'T.

It makes me think: will I EVER be in love?

No comments:

Post a Comment